Transload Operator I
Performs duties that include record keeping, quality control, and maintenance as they pertain to crude oil transloading. Responsible for the setup and breakdown of gantries, performing QA, and facility cleanliness as well as care of customer and company property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned as necessary)
- Responsible for transloader setup and breakdown procedures such as placing all control valves in the proper position to allow product to flow from railcar to truck. Will be required to monitor product flow from railcar to trailer.
- Perform maintenance on transloaders and other equipment (e.g. tighten loose bolts, replace and inspect transloader filters, replace nitrogen bottles, grease bearings, etc.)
- Responsible for documenting all daily throughput within the MountainTRAX system in addition to providing customers with accurate car inventory, ticket scans and other housekeeping items.
- Perform general maintenance on equipment, assist with handyman duties within the facility.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 80 pounds to a height of 66 inches and climb steps and ladders.
- Perform opening, closing, and railcar inspections with the correct date and time and print name next to the items inspected.
- Under all circumstances must take every action possible to prevent injury, incident, or damage to personnel, equipment, and property whether it is MountainTRAX or customer property.
- Comply with all company and OSHA safety procedures, policies, and rules, including wearing required safety equipment i.e. PPE (personal protective equipment).
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma (or equivalent) preferred
- Rail Transload experience REQUIRED
- HAZMAT Certification helpful
- Must be able to work during any shift, including days, weekends, and holidays as assigned
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to deal with standard problems that occur in rail car transloading as they occur.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and may be required to work in extreme weather and limited weekends (winter). The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Job Type: Full-time
Please click here to apply on Indeed.